Townsville Airport Radar - Rain Rate
Intensity Filter Beta
Light Moderate Heavy
Help climate researchers track extreme weather events in real time. Use the WeatheX app to report extreme weather events happening at your location in real time.
Help / More Information
- Nearby radars are shown with the icon. Click on it to see the radar sequence from that radar.
- When viewing the latest images, you can click on the button to automatically have the most recent images loaded as they become available.
- If you are on a mobile device with GPS capability (eg mobile phone or tablet), you can click on the icon to show your latest position on the radar. This will update as you move. We do not transmit to nor store this information on our servers, it is only used within your browser.
- Data is currently available as far back as March 2005. Some older data may be added in the future.
- You can click and drag in the 'Intensity Series' to easily select a particular time.
- Clicking on the radar image starts and stops the animation.
- When hovering over the radar image, you can use the mousewheel to zoom and then pan by clicking and dragging.
- A maximum of 500 frames are shown for a given period.
- A maximum period can be selected of 14 days.
- Intensity values are intended to be indicative of activity only.
- Not all images for all locations are available. This may be due to radar problems, or problems with data transfer.
- Images are typically updated between 6 and 10 minutes.
- You can place a marker at an arbitrary point to get the rain intensity there by clicking on the icon.
- If you register for an account then settings you have chosen will be remembered between page loads.
- Please contact us with any queries, comments, or suggestions!
- Radar Images are © Australian Bureau of Meteorology.